Node.js 18 support for SonarQube community edition

I have updated the SonarQube to the latest community version 9.8.0 today as I was getting the below error for one of my projects:
“Node.js version 18 is not recommended, you might experience issues. Please use a recommended version of Node.js [14, 16]”

But I still see this error, does Node.js version 18 not supported by the SonarQube community edition?

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

It’s not a question of edition. We just haven’t caught up to v18 yet.

HTH,
Ann

Is there a way to disable this warning in the meantime?

After updating my project to node 18, the reported issues went down from 1000s to 100s. So I can conclude that SonarQube is not scanning my source/reporting issues correctly.

Could you please suggest if we have node 18 support in the pipeline? What is the ETA for the same?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @Harmeet,

Welcome to the Sonar community forum!

Sorry for the long delay in answering you. After double-checking, I can confirm that SonarQube 9.8.0 does support JavaScript analysis on Node.js 18. In that regard, would you mind sharing the debug logs of your analysis?

You can get the debug logs with the -X option of the scanner.

Thank you,
Yassin

After updating my project to node 18, the reported issues went down from 1000s to 100s. So I can conclude that SonarQube is not scanning my source/reporting issues correctly.
Could you please suggest if we have node 18 support in the pipeline? What is the ETA for the same?Thanks in advance.

Hello there,

Since the reported issues went down but you are still able to analyse your project, it intuitively seems unrelated to the aforementioned Node.js version issue. Therefore, I suggest you open a different thread specific to the problem you are facing. A change introduced in a newer version of the analyser could be mistakenly skipping a subset of the project files.

Thank you,
Yassin