No 'marketplace' under Administration

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

1. ver: 6-4, downloaded here https://binaries.sonarsource.com/Distribution/sonarqube/sonarqube-6.4.zip
  2. To download Azure DS plugin installation - SonarQube Integration with Azure Active Directory
  3. I just install sonarqube for testing AD. Sign in using default ‘admin’ account however no marketplace under administration.

Greetings Dannie and welcome to this forum

The MarketPlace lists available plugins for latest SonarQube versions
SonarQube 6.4 is outdated by many years (Long term support version is version 8.9 and the latest available version as of today is 9.0)
I would recommended to use one those recent versions and your MarketPlace should list plugins

Regards

Eric

Hi @Eric_Le_Goff,

thanks for the update.

1. I follow this step, How to Install SonarQube on CentOS 7 - Vultr.com, is it the same for version 8.9 above?

2. I tried to install the 9.0.1.46107 using the same steps, however I got this error

→ Wrapper Started as Daemon
Launching a JVM…
Wrapper (Version 3.2.3) http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org
Copyright 1999-2006 Tanuki Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

WrapperSimpleApp: Unable to locate the class org.sonar.application.App: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/sonar/application/App has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

WrapperSimpleApp Usage:
java org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp {app_class} [app_arguments]

Where:
app_class: The fully qualified class name of the application to run.
app_arguments: The arguments that would normally be passed to the
application.
TERM trapped. Forcing immediate shutdown.
← Wrapper Stopped

1. What I notice different is the postgresql connection in sonar.properties

sonar.jdbc.url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost/sonarqube?currentSchema=my_schema

since I am not sure the correct one so I changed into,
sonar.jdbc.url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost/sonar (same as 6.4, not sure if the error due to this)

I would recommend to use our official documentation
In particular I suspect you are trying to run SQ with java 8 (class file version 52) , but we require java 11 (class file version 55) to run as stated in our requirements documentation
Please give it another try after making sure your system is running Java 11 as the default version instead of Java 8

Regards

Eric

Hi @Eric_Le_Goff,

I am running version 8.2.0 with java 11 now. Do you have any official documentation to integrate with Azure AD?

SonarQube Integration with Azure Active Directory is someone’s blog, some steps not working. Wondering if there is an official steps.

Thanks!

BTW, Maintenance - SonarQube Documentation is still down so I can’t search.

There is no native support of directly integrating with Azure AD,
You might find 3rd party plugins like GitHub - hkamel/sonar-auth-aad: Azure Active Directory Authentication for SonarQube and if any question their maintainers should be your main point of contact

That being said, SonarQube natively supports SAML Authentication (which Azure AD supports)

Also you may find help from this Microsoft guide

(we expect documentation website to get back on track soon, stay tuned)

Hi @Eric_Le_Goff, finally managed to setup Azure AD authentication. However I experienced a problem when I already switch to fully AD but there was configuration error, caused me couldn’t sign in.

So, is there a way to backup non-Azure AD authentication, in case I need to rollback? I did backup the sonarqube (non-ad) folder, however when I restored back, it’s still AD authentication :unamused: