[NEW RELEASE] SonarQube i-Code CNES plugin 2.0.0

Hello every one, we would like to submit you a new version of sonaricode we have developed for SonarQube. Here come required information:

The version 2.0.0 is tagged 2.0.0-RC1. If you want to test it, use following links:

Thanks a lot for have a look on this plugin, the final release of 2.0.0 will be done as soon as we have your agreement.

Benoît

Hi Benoit,

Your SonarCloud project is almost brand new. What happened to the last two?

:woman_shrugging:
Ann

We met some issues analyzing external PR with Travis CI. We switched several times between maven and CLI sonar-scanner and it created many projects :3

Okay. Thanks for getting back to me.

I see that you’ve created a PR, but also that the release isn’t ‘final’

I’m not sure what kind of agreement you’re looking for. None needed on my side (other than that your QG is green and the PR is good). So let me know when it’s final & I’ll move on your PR (which BTW I see now needs some changes. Review coming in a min…)

Ann

I published the final release and updated the PR.

Hi,

I approved & merged your PR, but the generation job failed. You changed your plugin key & the plugin key must correspond to the name of the file.

Normally I would tell you to change the plugin key back because the Marketplace won’t be able to manage giving upgrade advice across multiple plugin keys. And I do feel that that’s the best solution. However, if you’d like to retain your new plugin key, I guess it would be okay since you’ve been out of the Marketplace (incompatible) for a while so folks on current SQ versions likely don’t have an old version of the plugin installed.

Ann

Sorry for this issue, we retain this new key to comply with the other plugins’ naming convention (sonar-*-plugin).

Is it ok for you ?

Thanks for all,
Benoît

Hi Benoit,

You’ll need to do some more work in your PR then. See the docs.

Ann

Hi Ann,

In fact our pluginKey didn’t change, only the file name and artifactId changed.

So I have specified in a new pull request the sonar.pluginKey

Benoît

Hi Benoit,

The plugin key published in the manifest of the jar listed in your PR is soanricode. This does not match the name of the update center properties file, icode.properties.

Ann

Hi Ann,

I have no problem to rename the properties file, if needed.

I didn’t have changed it since you created it with this name (icode.properties) ans this plugin key (sonaricode) two years ago: https://github.com/SonarSource/sonar-update-center-properties/blame/master/icode.properties

Do you want a new PR?

Benoît

Hi,

I’m not quite sure what happened, but version 1.1.0 publishes a manifest that says:

Plugin-Key: icode

It appears that 6 months ago you added <sonar.pluginKey>sonaricode</sonar.pluginKey> to your pom. Now, version 2.0.0 publishes a manifest that says

Plugin-Key: sonaricode

As I said before, the plugin key and the file name must match. Because you’ve been out of the marketplace for a while now, changing either one to match the other is acceptable. However, I suggest you choose to put out a version 2.0.1 with a corrected plugin key and update your PR accordingly.

Ann

Done. We have published a new version and have updated the PR.

Benoît

Hi,

As far as I can tell, your PR still points to version 2.0.0…

Ann

Hello Ann,

Sorry, the new PR points to version 2.0.1: New request to publish icode plugin 2.0.1 #97.

I update the post.

Benoît

Hi,

I’ve merged your PR. Because of some ongoing internal infrastructure changes, I haven’t re-run the job to update the Marketplace yet. I expect to be able to do that tomorrow. In the meantime, I made some comments on your PR. They were optional for this release, but this is a great opportunity for you to make changes and submit a new PR. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ann

As an update, the job has been run.