[NEW RELEASE] Crowd plugin 2.1.2

This is just a minor update but it migrates away from the last deprecation (woo!)

1 Like

Hi @deepy,

Congrats on your new release! I think this is eagerly anticipated by your fans and users. :slight_smile:

To get it into the Marketplace, could I get you to create a PR on https://github.com/SonarSource/sonar-update-center-properties as described here, please?

Thx,
Ann

Hi again @deepy,

I want to get your new release added to the Marketplace (and your users want it there too!), but the procedure has changed since the last time you did this. As described above, I need a PR.

Ann

Ping @deepy… ^

Oops, created the PR but forgot to mention it, thanks for the reminder! :slight_smile:

@ganncamp https://github.com/SonarSource/sonar-update-center-properties/pull/20

Thanks @deepy. I don’t get notifications on that repo.

There’s one detail that needs to be corrected before I can merge.

:slight_smile:
Ann

Merged & Marketplace updated!

:slight_smile:
Ann

It’s a shame, the plugin not runs with 7.8
Thanks for your support

Hi @anruvel,

Could you elaborate, please? The newest release of the Crowd plugin (2.1.2) doesn’t work with SonarQube 7.8? And if so, what symptoms/behavior are you seeing?

Thx,
Ann

I was wrong, plugins works with crowd 2.1.2. It seems that was a problem with my user with this version, I solved the issue installing the sonarqube 7.8 from zero, instead from an existent database.
When you install sonarqube 7.8 making an upgrade from existent database It’s funny because I still getting the problem with my user, not with another ones. I solved my problem including my user in the group sonar_users in jira (I had to create the group). I can´t found an explication for that, no one is included in this group in jira and I don´t have problem login with them.
Kind regards

Thanks for the followup @anruvel.

The newest release of the Crowd plugin (2.1.2) doesn’t work with SonarQube 7.9 LTS also.

Hi @shivendrakd,

Could you elaborate, please? What symptoms/behavior are you seeing?

Thx,
Ann

Sonarqube will not start and in logs we are getting following message.

2019.07.04 11:31:35 ERROR web[o.s.s.p.Platform] Background initialization failed. Stopping SonarQubejava.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXB at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor.setBody(RestExecutor.java:204) at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor.post(RestExecutor.java:176) at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestCrowdClient.searchUsers(RestCrowdClient.java:511) at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestCrowdClient.testConnection(RestCrowdClient.java:500) at org.sonar.plugins.crowd.CrowdRealm.init(CrowdRealm.java:97) at org.sonar.server.user.SecurityRealmFactory.start(SecurityRealmFactory.java:87) at org.sonar.core.platform.StartableCloseableSafeLifecyleStrategy.start(StartableCloseableSafeLifecyleStrategy.java:40) at org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjectionFactory$LifecycleAdapter.start(AbstractInjectionFactory.java:84) at org.picocontainer.behaviors.AbstractBehavior.start(AbstractBehavior.java:169) at org.picocontainer.behaviors.Stored$RealComponentLifecycle.start(Stored.java:132) at org.picocontainer.behaviors.Stored.start(Stored.java:110) at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.potentiallyStartAdapter(DefaultPicoContainer.java:1016) at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.startAdapters(DefaultPicoContainer.java:1009) at org.picocontainer.DefaultPicoContainer.start(DefaultPicoContainer.java:767) at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:135) at org.sonar.server.platform.platformlevel.PlatformLevel.start(PlatformLevel.java:90) at org.sonar.server.platform.platformlevel.PlatformLevel4.start(PlatformLevel4.java:545) at org.sonar.server.platform.Platform.start(Platform.java:211) at org.sonar.server.platform.Platform.startLevel34Containers(Platform.java:185) at org.sonar.server.platform.Platform.access$500(Platform.java:46) at org.sonar.server.platform.Platform$1.lambda$doRun$0(Platform.java:119) at org.sonar.server.platform.Platform$AutoStarterRunnable.runIfNotAborted(Platform.java:371) at org.sonar.server.platform.Platform$1.doRun(Platform.java:119) at org.sonar.server.platform.Platform$AutoStarterRunnable.run(Platform.java:355) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.JAXB at org.sonar.classloader.ParentFirstStrategy.loadClass(ParentFirstStrategy.java:39) at org.sonar.classloader.ClassRealm.loadClass(ClassRealm.java:87) at org.sonar.classloader.ClassRealm.loadClass(ClassRealm.java:76) … 25 common frames omitted2019.07.04 11:31:36 INFO web[o.s.p.ProcessEntryPoint] Hard stopping process2019.07.04 11:31:37 WARN web[o.s.p.ProcessEntryPoint$HardStopperThread] Can not stop in 1000ms2019.07.04 11:31:37 WARN web[o.s.s.a.EmbeddedTomcat] Failed to stop web serverorg.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to stop component [StandardServer[-1]] at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.stop(LifecycleBase.java:238) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Tomcat.stop(Tomcat.java:437) at org.sonar.server.app.EmbeddedTomcat.terminate(EmbeddedTomcat.java:104) at org.sonar.server.app.WebServer.hardStop(WebServer.java:83) at org.sonar.process.ProcessEntryPoint$HardStopperThread.lambda$new$0(ProcessEntryPoint.java:219) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to stop component [StandardService[Tomcat]] at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.stop(LifecycleBase.java:238) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stopInternal(StandardServer.java:814) at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.stop(LifecycleBase.java:226) … 9 common frames omittedCaused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to stop component [StandardEngine[Tomcat]] at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.stop(LifecycleBase.java:238) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stopInternal(StandardService.java:486) at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.stop(LifecycleBase.java:226) … 11 common frames omittedCaused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: A child container failed during stop at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stopInternal(ContainerBase.java:1008) at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.stop(LifecycleBase.java:226) … 13 common frames omitted

Hi @shivendrakd,

Thanks for the followup. It looks like someone beat me to correcting compatibility for this in the Marketplace three days ago: Crowd 2.1.2 is no longer marked compatible with SonarQube 7.9 LTS. (cc @deepy)

Ann

This specific issue is being tracked at https://github.com/deepy/sonar-crowd/issues/25
I’m halfway through a move so I have limited time to work on this at the moment, but I can test/merge PRs and create releases :slight_smile:

I was detecting the problem running sonar with java 11, not with java 8. My issues with java 8 where solved in 7.8 deleting my user in database and trying login on platform again. After that all was running perfectly.
You can´t running with sonar 7.9 because java. I think the compiling crowd code must be done with java 11 instead 8 in this case.