Migration of SonarQube Postgresql database hosted on AWS EKS to AWS RDS Postgresql

I am currently running Sonarqube 8.8 hosted on AWS EKS and I am looking to migrate the Postgresql DB to RDS. Is there any documentation on how to do this using either the AWS Database Migration Service or some alternative means?

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

8.8 → 8.9.7 → 9.3 (last step optional)

You may find the Upgrade Guide helpful.

Regarding your question, that migration is outside the scope of this community. However, you should note that if you’re using a commercial version, you’ll need to obtain a new license key after migration.

HTH,
Ann

Hi Ann,
Thanks for your response. I had a question regarding upgrading from 8.8 → 9.3. If I am reading your response correctly, I would have to follow the upgrade path of 8.8 → 8.9.7 → 9.3. Could I simply go from 8.8 → 9.3? Let me know if that is possible.

Regards,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

When there’s an LTS between where you are and where you want to be, you have to hit the LTS on the way. It’s about DB migrations. 8.9 knows all the migrations from 7.9 up to 8.9. But versions in the 9-series only have the migrations starting from 8.9. So you can’t jump straight to 9.3 (even though I know it seems like a small jump) because stuff would be missing. (And so programmatically, it’s disallowed.)

HTH,
Ann