LOC Orphaned after project was deleted. LTS 6.7.6

Hello,

We recently upgraded our SonarQube instance to LTS 6.7.6 , and after that we decided to delete one of our larger projects and let it re-scan fresh. It appears that the LOC were not cleared properly during the delete and now we are over our license LOC. We have tried doing a re-scan, but it does not seem to clear the orphaned data.

Any ideas of how I can find and clean this up in the database? Or figure out where the metric is coming from?

Thanks

Technical Notes

SQ Version 6.7.6.38781
DB: PostgreSQL 9.6.11

Hi,

Where/how do you see these “orphaned” LOC? Do you remember/have record of your total instance LOC before and after you deleted the project? What happens if you re-delete the project?

Ann

Hello,

Figured this out, The solution was to remove the es5 data folder and let it recreate it. Before I figured this out, I did try to re-delete the project and it would only remove the LOC added the 2nd time not the first time.

The way I saw these orphaned LOC was only in the License plugin section, we have only a few projects so adding up the numbers of lines is easy, and based on that I could tell that when we deleted the big project the first time it didn’t clean it up.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

I’m glad you worked through this. Thanks for following up with your solution!

Ann