- SonarQube Community Edition, Version 10.3, TFVC plugin 2.4.0
- SonarQube runs in docker
- Before migrating to SAML authentication the issue assignment to authors was running fine using git and also using TFVC.
- After migration to SAML authentification new issues are not assigned anymore to the “responsible” author.
According to the documentation Automatic issue assignment the assignment is performed based on user name and email address, as well as “additional correlations available in the user’s profile”.
Now, I’m facing the following situation:
- The users email address in our AD server mostly configured in CamelCase format like
- The SCM plugins for git and TFVC creates the user’s email address as identity. Both are creating the lower cased version like
- The SAML plugin creates out of our AD controller the user name
User Nameand the email address
So, mapping the SCM user identity can fail because of different case!?
I tried to add the lower cased version under
SCM Accounts. But this does not solve the problem.
I cannot find other “additional correlations” in the user’s profile.
Is it possible to update the issue assignment to case-insensitive mapping?
What else I can do to fix the assignment?