Is there a problem with the UI in 10.3

Hi

I upgraded our staging sonar environment from the LTS version to version 10.3.
Since then it seams that the UI in Sonar is broken. More specifically there seems tob e a problem with the the internalization. For some oft he key there seems to be no text available as shown in the attached pictures.

To solve this I tried to install the german language pack since it claims tob e compatible with version 10.3. However then the sonarqube application did no longer start due to a class not found exception in the logs

2023.11.24 13:55:57 WARN  web[][o.s.c.a.AnnotationConfigApplicationContext] Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader@5ffd2b27-org.sonar.server.plugins.ServerPluginManager': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Fail to instantiate class [org.sonar.plugins.l10n.GermanPackPlugin] of plugin [l10nde]
2023.11.24 13:55:57 ERROR web[][o.s.s.p.w.PlatformServletContextListener] Web server startup failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader@5ffd2b27-org.sonar.server.plugins.ServerPluginManager': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Fail to instantiate class [org.sonar.plugins.l10n.GermanPackPlugin] of plugin [l10nde]
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:628)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:542)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.lambda$doGetBean$0(AbstractBeanFactory.java:335)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:234)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:333)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:208)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:955)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:920)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:583)
    at org.sonar.core.platform.SpringComponentContainer.startComponents(SpringComponentContainer.java:200)
    at org.sonar.server.platform.platformlevel.PlatformLevel.start(PlatformLevel.java:80)
    at org.sonar.server.platform.platformlevel.PlatformLevel2.start(PlatformLevel2.java:101)
    at org.sonar.server.platform.PlatformImpl.start(PlatformImpl.java:214)
    at org.sonar.server.platform.PlatformImpl.startLevel2Container(PlatformImpl.java:186)
    at org.sonar.server.platform.PlatformImpl.init(PlatformImpl.java:80)
    at org.sonar.server.platform.web.PlatformServletContextListener.contextInitialized(PlatformServletContextListener.java:45)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4462)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:4914)

Hi,

Welcome to the community and thanks for this report!

This is caused by another community plugin. Sorry, but I forget which one.

I’ve updated the Marketplace to end this plugin’s compatibility at 9.9.*. The only version of this plugin had a description of “Supports SonarQube 5.0”.

When new plugin versions are added to the Marketplace, their compatibility ranges are typically set to end at LATEST, meaning they show up as compatible with each new version as it’s released. Generally this works fine, but we dropped a number of deprecated APIs in 10.0, and this plugin likely fell victim to that.

Ann

Is there a way to find out which community plugin causes this or do I have to find it out by reying

Hi,

What plugins do you have loaded? I may be able to pick it out of a lineup. Otherwise, a binary search will be the best approach.

Ann

Hi

here is the list of the installed plugins

total 75080
-rw-r--r-- 1 sonar sonar  5103458 Nov 24 12:53 community-rust-plugin-0.2.0.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 sonar sonar      737 Nov 14 09:05 README.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 sonar sonar 42191611 Nov 24 12:53 sonar-cnes-report-4.2.0.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 sonar sonar  4309719 Nov 24 12:53 sonar-dependency-check-plugin-4.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 sonar sonar 19284919 Nov 24 12:53 sonar-findbugs-plugin-4.2.4.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 sonar sonar   101941 Nov 24 12:53 sonar-jdepend-plugin-1.1.1.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 sonar sonar   984211 Nov 24 12:53 sonar-shellcheck-plugin-2.5.0.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 sonar sonar  2233897 Nov 24 12:53 sonar-softvis3d-plugin-1.3.0.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 sonar sonar  2653873 Nov 24 12:53 sonar-yaml-plugin-1.7.0.jar

Hi,

I think this is probably the CNES report plugin, which isn’t officially compatible past … 8.9(?) IIRC.

HTH,
Ann

Yes after I deactivated the CNES Report plugin the UI was working again.

1 Like