IntelliJ "Focus on new code" checkbox does not stay checked

Hello community,

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • SonarLint IntelliJ plugin version: 9.1.0.75538
  • Programming language you’re coding in: Java
  • Is connected mode used: Connected to SonarQube Community Edition at version 9.9.2 (build 77730)

We have the situation that the in the Tools > SonarLint setting of IDEA (v. 2023.2 Ultimate Edition - Build #IU 232.8660.185) the “Focus on new code” checkbox gets immediately unchecked when clicking “Apply” (or “OK”).
We have a SonarQube connection enabled (no errors are shown, and I could select a project key in the search list successfully, so the connection via token seems fine).

Thanks a lot for an support - I got really excited about this feature finally being enabled after I upgraded my plugin!

Kind regards, Stefan

1 Like

Hi @StefanR ,

Thank you, I have created this ticket for the issue:

Hi,
we tried version 10.0.1.77000 where the bug should be resolved and we see now that the checkbox works as intended - thank you!

BUT the functionality does not work as expected - although the report separates findings into “… since version X” and “…older issues” the separation is just not correct. It mentions findings in code that has not been touched for years in the “… since version X” section.
How is it meant to work? Are we doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot for any hints,
Stefan

Hi,

There are a number of legitimate reasons for new issues being raised on old code. If this guide doesn’t clear it up for you, please create a new thread for this new topic.

Thx,
Ann