Install failure of Sonarqube scanner extension for azure devops 2020

I am trying to install the extension to an on-prems Azure Devops 2020 for an on-prems Sonarqube 8.6

When trying via VS marketplace i get these errors:
We’ve encountered an error while downloading the extension. Please try again later.
Permission section could not be loaded.

When trying manually by vsix file i get:
The extension package size ‘29585246 bytes’ exceeds the maximum package size ‘26214400 bytes’

The extension version i can get is 5.0.0 but the description “New Major Version for Azure Devops 2019 only, that resolves issues with LetsEncrypt Certs. For TFS2017/2018 use version 4.23.1” tells med that I should not use 5.0.0, but not what I should use for 2020, and when I try “show other versions” it only gives me the same url for all of them, getting v5.0.0.
When trying via the more applicable docs 8.6 I get the same url.

Same Error for me too,
Trying to install Sonarqube extension from Azure Devops 2019.

We’ve encountered an error while downloading the extension. Please try again later. Permission section could not be loaded.

Hi @Zer0ne, @Manojkumar_Thangadur,

You can download earlier versions of the Azure DevOps plugin from here and if you’re specifically looking for 4.23.1 it’s here.

You might also want to check out this earlier thread about changes in Node requirements from 4.22 to 4.23.

Regards,

Cameron.

Hi,

Unfortunately, downloading an earlier version of the plugin is not an option for me.

I believe this problem should be considered an issue and should be fixed if possible.
I had similar issues with other plugins and they were fixed by the vendor.

Regards,
John

Hi @johnqa,

Can you give me a bit more detail of what the problem is here? Have you tried installing version 5.1.1 which should be compatible with Azure DevOps Server 2020? If that’s not working, please add some details of the errors you’re seeing.

Regards,

Cameron.

There is not much to say.

I try to update SonarQube extension to 5.1.1 in an Azure Devops Server 2020 installation and I receive the error:

Upload Error
The extension package size ‘29586971 bytes’ exceeds the maximum package size ‘26214400 bytes’

Our Azure DevOps installation does not have internet connection, so I download the vsix file and updated the extension manually.

Is there anything else I can do?

Hi @johnqa,

You’re bumping into an Azure DevOps-imposed limit on the download size of extensions. Our team is working to bring down the size to be inside the 25MB default limit; this will (hopefully) come in a future release.

In the meantime, I believe you can raise the limit on the AzDO side; this is best discussed with your AzDO admin team and/or Microsoft, since we’re not experts in AzDO administration. This article may be a starting point.

Regards,

Cameron.

It has been over a year, is there a better solution for this yet?