How to remove projects from the "Distribution of private lines per project" to avoid going over your paid plan threshold?

How can I remove projects from the Distribution of private lines per project, see image below, to avoid going over your paid plan threshold?

My current plan is 250K “per month”; however, I haven’t analyzed any code for the past 3 months and Billing page still reads 249,090 private lines of code analyzed over 18 projects, how can I reset/clear this “lines of code” limitation every month?

When I attempt to analyze a new project with less than 250K lines of code, SonarCloudPublish step in Azure DevOps throws error below.

##[error][SQ] Task failed with status FAILED, Error message: This analysis will make your organization 'MyOrganization' to reach the maximum allowed lines limit (having 252042 lines)

Hey there.

A license of 250k Lines of Code means that at any time, the sum of (the largest branches) of all private projects must not exceed 250k. It does not reset each month. See our Pricing FAQ

Only LOC from your private projects are counted toward your maximum number of LOCs. If your project contains branches, the counted LOCs are the ones of the biggest branch. The count is not related to how frequently the source code is analyzed. If your private project has a 6K LOCs and you analyze it 100 times in the month, this will be counted as 6K for the billing. If you are getting close to the threshold you will be notified to either upgrade your plan or reduce the number of LOCs in your projects.

@Colin Understood, deleting projects listed on the Distribution of private lines per project screen does the trick for now to avoid bumping up the plan every time I hit the LOC limit.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.