Have some Quires in SonarQube community edition and Enterprise edition

Hi team,

We are using sonarQube 8.9.8 community Edition.

We need to know the possible solutions for the below quires.

1. Does SonarQube count the lines in twice across the branches or it is considering only unique lines for coverage perspective?

2. What is the scope of analysis in SonarQube and is it possible to keeping more than one analysis report?

3.How we can delete the projects in bulk at once…is we need to add any plugin for this?

4.Can we store the deleted projects for future reference?

1. Currently we have 85k lines in our sonarQube, we are upgrading to sonarqube Enterprise edition with 75k lines limit. We need to reduce the lines …is it possible? if yes what is the solution.

Thanks,
Naresh

Hi Naresh,

Are you asking in the context of licensed editions? If so, the FAQ at the bottom of this page should help.

Can you be a bit more specific about scope? I don’t understand what you’re asking. More specificity would also be helpful with the ‘keeping more than one analysis report’ question. You’ll only ever get a project homepage for the most recent analysis. But overall measures for previous analyses are stored, subject to housekeeping.

Administation → Projects → Management

Project export is available in Enterprise Edition($$), however if you wait too long to re-import, you’re likely to have problems.

Enterprise Edition licensing starts at 1 million LOC. Developer Edition licensing starts at 100k LOC.

HTH,
Ann

Hi Ann…thanks for your response.

Project export is available in Enterprise Edition($$), however if you wait too long to re-import, you’re likely to have problems.

Can you please explain it in detail…?
What are the problem we are facing and can I know what is the time period.

Is it possible to download the Rules for particular languages in community Edition?

Regards,
Ediga Naresh Goud

Hi,

Project import/export requires that the spec (version, plugins, &etc) of both instances be the same.

Since I’m assuming that you will keep up with your upgrades, (Right? Right?) that means that eventually, previously-exported projects will “age-out” of being importable since you will have upgraded past the version they were exported from.

HTH,
Ann