I am running SonarQube (Dev Edition * Version 8.1 (build 31237)) from within an Azure DevOps Pipelines. This has been working well, but I have suddenly started to see the following error when doing an analysis of the master branch of an existing project:
‘##[error][SQ] Task failed with status FAILED, Error message: The last analysis failed because it would have caused your server-wide lines of code total to exceed your 1000000 limit.’
- SonarQube analysis on master branch is failing
- However, SonarQube analysis on PR branches is working for the same code base
Why I don’t expect to see this error message
- We have a 1M SonarQube Dev license and are using 711K lines (so 290K free)
- The project being analysed, when last analysed on master contained 78K lines - and has not grown, so there should be plenty of space within the license
- SonarQube analysis on PR branches is working for the same code base
I know the obvious answer is that I have run out of license LoC and need a larger licenses, but it seems very strange I am getting this error given the free LoC I have.
Has anyone else seen this ?