The last analysis has failed to not exceed the 100000 lines of code limit allowed by the current license

Environment:

• Developer Edition - Version 7.5 (build 20543) - SonarScanner for MSBuild 4.5
  • Microsoft ® Build Engine version 15.9.21+g9802d43bc3 for .NET Framework
  • Linux Ubuntu 18.04 on Azure;
  • Openjdk version “11.0.1” 2018-10-16 / OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.1+13-Ubuntu-3ubuntu118.04ppa1) / OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.1+13-Ubuntu-3ubuntu118.04ppa1, mixed mode, sharing)
  • PostgreSQL;
  • Apache2.

I’m running manual scanning, using sonarscanner-msbuild, which is running without errors.
The loading process for the sonar appears to be smooth, but the following message is displayed: “The last analysis has failed to exceed the 100000 lines of code allowed by the current license”.

According to the license manager, there are no lines…

The same is true if you run the automation process on VSTS / Azure DevOps. Please, I need help to solve this problem and be able to use the tool.

Thank you!

Greetings,

SonarQube is licensed based on the number of lines of code scanned – you appear to be exceeding that threshold with your latest scan. Does this make sense?

Colin

Colin, this is the first execution of SonarQube and this app must have 2000 lines…

I confess it’s a strange behavior…

Hi Colin,

Based on your response, I ran a load test on another server with the Community edition installed.
My surprise (and also the team), SonarQube has tracked 114k lines of code … wow!

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Leonardo,

Sure, I think you helped yourself far more than I helped you, but I’ll take it. :slight_smile:

Make sure to check out the “Code” tab on your Community Edition to see if it’s including anything it shouldn’t. Our Documentation on Narrowing the Focus is a good start if there’s any generated code, dependencies, etc. that slipped through the cracks.

Colin

1 Like