Failed to load Licence plugin on custom 7.4 developer edition - dockerfile + k8s

Hi,

So i’ve being trying to install 7.4 developer edition via a docker file in kubernetes cluster.
I saw that there is no image available for this and i’ve copied a dockerfile from one of this forum posts. Everything was good so far but then it reached the installation of plugins I got this

2019.02.12 16:05:18 INFO  web[][c.s.B.A.C.A.A] Github App configuration is invalid. GitHub App 
    feature is disabled. GithubAppConfiguration{id=null, name=null, privateKey=null,                                                                                                                                                         
    webhookSecret=null}
    2019.02.12 16:05:19 WARN  web[][o.s.c.p.ComponentKeys] Bad component key: 
    org.sonar.java.externalreport.ExternalRulesDefinition@4f784106. Please implement toString() 
    method on class org.sonar.java.externalreport.ExternalRulesDefinition
   org.sonar.java.externalreport.ExternalRulesDefinition@4eaa4589. Please implement toString()  
  org.sonar.java.externalreport.ExternalRulesDefinition@4ec412f1. Please implement toString() 
  2019.02.12 16:05:19 ERROR web[][o.s.s.p.Platform] Background initialization failed. Stopping 
  SonarQube
   java.lang.IllegalStateException: Fail to load plugin License [license]
 at 
  org.sonar.server.plugins.ServerExtensionInstaller.installExtensions(ServerExtensionInstaller.java:82)
at org.sonar.server.platform.platformlevel.PlatformLevel4.start(PlatformLevel4.java:586)
at org.sonar.server.platform.Platform.start(Platform.java:211)
at org.sonar.server.platform.Platform.startLevel34Containers(Platform.java:185)
at org.sonar.server.platform.Platform.access$500(Platform.java:46)

There is another post that said that this happened because they used the community edition ( which happened to me the first time, that’s why changed to developer edition, custom dockerfile and so on), but i receive the same error.

Here is the dockerfile (taken from here https://gist.github.com/degree/51accc0da6cab6d8b5fb06b833bdac76 ):

Am i doing something wrong?

Thank you.

There is no license plugin for SonarQube v7.4, it is built into the edition.

https://docs.sonarqube.org/display/PLUG/Plugin+Version+Matrix

Also, SonarQube v7.6 is the latest version, so consider v7.6 instead of v7.4, which will never see another release.

Colin

Ok, i didn t know that about the plugin.
We haven t gone for the 7.6 because we also use helm charts and the most recent one is 7.4

https://hub.helm.sh/charts/stable/sonarqube

During upgrade from SQ 7.1 Community Edition (from docker hub) with commercial Developer Edition license (installed as a plugin) to SQ 7.5 self-built docker image with Developer Edition we had some problems starting the image. Mainly the problems were with incompatible plugins. They appear just in the logs of sonarqube. Some plugins like license and developer are already integrated and cannot be duplicated. Some of them are just incompatible. So we just dropped those that made us problems.

Can you create your own helm chart to use custom image?

1 Like

Hi Eugene,

Yes, i’ve used the latest sonar chart and the 7.6 image built with the custom docker file. Everything worked smoothly. Thank you for the quick replies.