Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):
- which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension) - N/A
- what are you trying to achieve - SonarCube installed
- what have you tried so far to achieve this - Played around with the hosted solution on Sonarcloud.io
Hi Sonarcube team,
I am seeing if we can use Sonarcube for our team’s need for Code quality, Automated testing reporting, coverage etc. I am seeing Sonar as a possible solution for this. My questions are manifold to understand applicability for this tool for our purposes:
a) Hosting Sonarcube server
– I see there’s a hosted server that I can see public projects in (as well as their analysis). Can I use this for enterprise scale?
– Can I get away from having to deploy the server and having to maintain it hence?
– I was having trouble setting up plugins in the hosted server on sonarcloud.io (golang). All the plugin installation instructions point to having a self installed server. I could not find
Administration -> Marketplace
b) About testing
– I see that I can trigger tests reports by executing them using the scanner (and use the
golang test -v plugin)
– We have an automated test suite for integration tests which does not provide much value as Coverage tool but has more value when it comes to pass/fail%. I see there’s some documentation to upload arbitrary test results. We plan to use it across tests in Frontend/Mobile/Backend services. Is this something that is inherently supported as a use case?
Thanks for your guidance here.