Email notification not received from sonarqube

Hi Everyone, I am using Sonarqube Community Edition(Version 9.3) and I want to send Email notification to user through sonarqube.
I filled all the details regarding email configuration and also send test mail successfully.
I received email with link http://localhost:9000
But I need my sonarqube URL link in received emails so that I give the " Server base URL" then I did not received any email notification.

Hello Team,

I am using Sonarqube Community Edition(Version 9.3) and I want to send Email notification to user through sonarqube.
I filled all the details regarding email configuration and send test mail.
I received email with link http://localhost:9000 and if I give the " Server base URL" then I did not received any email notification.

Hi,

It looks like you have two accounts and posted the same thing twice, a few hours apart. Please don’t do that.

Let me know if you’d like me to combine your accounts for you.

You’re saying that the only change you made was updating the Server base URL and the email stopped sending? Can you check your SMTP server to see if it received the message?

Ann

HI Ann, Thanks for your reply.

Yes I posted the same issue twice by mistake you can combine them.
I received the notification Emails but with localhost url linked. But I need Emails with my sonarqube host URL.

Hi,

So you received both notifications, the question is the linking?

Have you restarted the server since you updated the URL? Unfortunately, I think that particular setting needs a full restart to kick in.

Ann

Hello, I have restarted the sonarqube but still not received the Emails with host URL.

One more thing I want to share is-
I have containerized the sonarqube on open shift orchestration tool.

Thanks

Hi,

If you received 0 emails, then you should start with your SMTP server logs.

If you received the email but it doesn’t have the link, please share a screenshot of the email.

Ann

Hello Ann,

1. When I configure the Sonar “server base URL” on sonar-portal then I did not received any emails.
  2. If I did not configure any URL on “server base URL” then I received Emails but with localhost URL link.(Please see the attached screenshot)

I want Email notification with “server base URL” which is not receiving.

Hi,

I can’t replicate this behavior. Have you checked your SMTP server logs?

Ann