Can't bind project

• Operating system: Ubuntu 22.04
  • SonarLint plugin version: 4.4.1
  • Programming language you’re coding in: Typescript
  • Is connected mode used: yes
    • Connected to SonarCloud or SonarQube (and which version): SonarCloud

And a thorough description of the problem / question: SonarLint 4.4.1 fails to connect to SonarCloud when I try to set up a new connection using my Organization Key, Connection Name and User Token and click on Save Connection. If I revert to SonarLint v4.3.0 it connects fine. I am behind a corporate proxy and have entered the correct Java vmargs proxy values. I am running VS Code on Windows 10 with a remote connection to an Ubuntu 22.04 instance.

Hi @ericmiddleton, welcome to Sonar Community! :wave:

Thanks for raising the topic :bowing_woman:.

In order to investigate your issue, we would need SonarLint logs. You can find the instructions on how to get them here.

Thanks in advance,
Sophio

Hi Sophio,
Thanks for getting back to me.
Here is the log output:
sonarlint-timeout-error.txt (3.1 KB)

Thank you for the logs @ericmiddleton :bowing_woman:

Indeed there is a regression from the previous version. I have created this ticket to tackle the problem.

To make sure the next release of SonarLint for VSCode fixes this issue, we can provide a pre-release build of the plugin early next week. We would really appreciate it if you can give it a go. I will post the update under this thread.

In the meantime, you might prefer to keep using v4.3.

Apologies for the inconvenience and big thanks for raising the topic here :clap:

All the best,
Sophio from :sonarlint_vscode:

Hi Sophio,

Thank you for identifying this issue and for getting back to me so quickly.
Yes of course I’m happy to try out a pre-release of the fix for this.

Best wishes,
Eric

2 Likes

Hello @ericmiddleton :wave:

HERE you will be able to download the custom build that should solve your issue. Please let us know if it does!

Thanks in advance, :bowing_woman:
Sophio

To install the custom build, you will need to go to VSCode > Extensions > … > Install from VSIX

Thanks Sophio for uploading the custom build. Unfortunately my access to that site is blocked by our organization, I’m currently trying to gain access.

Kind regards
Eric Middleton

2 Likes

Hello :wave: we just published version 4.4.2 which has a fix for connected mode behind a proxy. It should restore connectivity with SonarCloud in your setup.

1 Like

Many thanks for fixing this.
I’ve installed version 4.2.2 and it connects fine now.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.