Can I generate a report of bugs in sonarqube

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• SonarQube 8.4
  • I want to know if sonarqube offers reporting service in free or paid version

Hi @SonarqubeUser and welcome to the community :wave:

depending on what you want to achieve, there are a couple of options:

There is the sonarqube dashboard which will hold every information about the findings that are available, so this would be the most up to date way to report anything.

in the Enterprise Edition ($) there is also the option to download a report as a PDF file or have it send to you via mail.

if you are more interested about the monitoring of your code quality, there is an API endpoint which you could work into a custom metric reporting: api/measures/search_history

hope that helps

Hi @Tobias_Trabelsi,
But how to export the report of bugs? I am using sonarqube enterprise. Below is the screenshot.

Hi @nirajlumen,

the screenshot you posted can not easily be exported as a pdf. This is what i ment by

you can create a portfolio with the projects that you want to get an overview about and download a report including the rating of these projects. in this report you can find a rating called “Reliability” which is depending on the quality profile that you use.

if you want a list of issues you would have to create a tooling using the sonarqube API yourself. i would advise you to take a look at the API endpoint api/issues/search, where you can query by a few factors.

Example: you have a project called test in the default-organization and your sonarqube server is on localhost:9000 with default credentials:

curl -u admin:admin "http://localhost:9000/api/issues/search?componentKeys=test&s=FILE_LINE&resolved=false&types=BUG&ps=100&organization=default-organization&facets=severities%2Ctypes&additionalFields=_all"

hope that helps and welcome to the community :slight_smile:

1 Like