Azure Devops SonarCloud Quality Gate - Stuck in ‘Waiting’

We are using Azure DevOps and have had issues starting where the quality gates are stuck at waiting. The one I am trying to look at right now has a background task id of AXew7UBxNB8bPcKAmdQD. Looking for assistant troubleshooting this one to find out what I am missing.

Hi @jtsievert,

It looks like the call to Azure DevOps has been unauthorized. Are you sure you have the valid token set?

Best,
Marcin

1 Like

It was working, just stopped a few days ago.

If I remember correctly, AzDo access tokens expire. Are you sure you haven’t simply reached the expiration, is the token still valid?

1 Like

We created a new PAT and set it up using the new org level setting. It is sill failing, new task ID is AXff5JgMYGfeNt47qSXd. How do I set a project to use the org PAT vs the project PAT? I don’t see much on the way of documentation for this.

Hi @jtsievert ,

Do you have a token set on the project level? It looks like it was taken from the project configuration. If you have one set there, you should reset it on the proj configuration so it can be taken from the org level setting.

Best,
Marcin

I did remove it from the project level, I also tried removing the provider and re-ran it again. Still no joy.

Hi @jtsievert,

I did not know that your repository is not bound. In this case, you have to put the new token and the provider in the project configuration as the org token will not be taken into account.

Best,
Marcin

Is there a way to fix this? All of our repos are bound to the same org. I have LOTS of projects so being able to use the org PAT vs yearly trying to hit all the projects is not ideal.

Hi @jtsievert,

I am afraid there is currently no way to bind the “unbound” projects. Migrating unbound projects to the bound ones is on our roadmap.

You could always remove the current unbound ones, readd them in the recommended way but this will delete all the history and settings of the current projects, which is not ideal.

Best,
Marcin

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.