AzD same Sonar Task works in GUI, but doesn't work in YAML

I have a SonarCube task in my build pipeline, and the problem is - that in GUI mode everything works fine, but in YAML pipeline format this task throw an error. The step log is in attached file.
I can provide any information for helper.

sonar_error_log.txt (17.1 KB)

Hi @Dmitry_Skrotski ,

welcome to the community :wave:

Community 7.9.2.30863

To use the property “sonar.branch.name” and analyze branches, Developer Edition or above is required. See Branch analysis for more information.

from the log you provided it looks like you are running a sonarqube 7.9.2 server with the community edition and you try to use branch analyzes, which is a feature that is only available in our commercial editions

hope that helps

Hello Tobias.
I didn’t specify “sonar.branch.name” in task. But i can say that i created this yaml pipeline in feature/branch and try to start it from this branch, to analyze code in this particular branch

hmm okay i think this was already reported in this community thread. when you are not on the main branch using a yml config it is assumed that you want to analyze this branch, so the property is set here. in the thread i linked is a workaround for this issue

1 Like

Thank you so much, Tobias!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.