Automatic analysis can't be disabled

We just added our private GitHub project to SonarCloud and it was configured by default to use automatic analysis. I’m attempting to update our configuration to use GitHub Actions so that we can configure test coverage reporting, but I’m unable to update the project to toggle automatic analysis off; instead, an error pops up saying “Project doesn’t exist”.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. On the project dashboard, click Overview.
  2. On the “Choose your Analysis Method” page, click “With GitHub Actions>”
  3. Follow steps 1-3 as presented.
  4. On Step 4 (“Disable automatic analysis”), click the toggle to disabled.
  5. The slider toggles back to enabled and the error message appears at the top of the screen.

It seems like the main branch is still being analyzed (and has perhaps been stuck analyzing since early yesterday), so maybe that’s the issue? I don’t know how to stop any ongoing branch analysis that might be holding this up though.

1 Like

Greetings Logan,
Is this project by chance a mono repo? If that’s the case this is a known bug (see an old thread Cannot Disable Automatic Analysis - #4 by srstedman which includes a workaround for now)

If that’s not the case I can help understand the problem more.

1 Like

No, it’s not configured as a monorepo. I ended up removing the project, adding the sonar-project.properties file to our repo, and then re-adding the project to SonarCloud. It looks like that successfully prevented the automatic analysis from running and we’re correctly using CI-based analysis now.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.