WebAPI doesn't match

Version: Community Edition Version 8.9.6 (build 50800)
I am trying to export a the list of open issues. I am able to export the list using the following command. I updated the domain, port and project names in order to be discrete.
https://my_sonarqube.com:my_port/api/issues/search?componentKeys=my_project_name&p=1&ps=500&resolved=false&statuses=OPEN
I used the “Ignore Issues on Multiple Criteria” in project settings to ignore some code smells we don’t care about. On the web interface these issues now appear as closed/resolved after running the pipeline again. When I run the above command I get all the issues even the ones that appear closed on the web interface, they have status of open in the return message. I tried this on another project with the same issues being ignored and it worked as expected. No clue why the issue status doesn’t match what is on the web interface. I checked project name was correct and we only have the master branch.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

If the issues show up as closed in the UI, they should be showing up the same in the Web API results. Can you use your browser console to double-check the search call the UI makes & make sure there’s no significant difference from what you’re using?

Ann

That returned the same result. After comparing the url of the web interface and the webapi I realized the web interface name was different than the project name that was displayed (my doing accidentally). Once I used the correct project name in the webapi I got the expected results. Thanks for the help.

1 Like