We trying to upgrade from Sonarqube 6.7.5 to Sonarqube 7.5 version for utilizing the external report feature

We trying to upgrade from Sonarqube 6.7.5 to Sonarqube 7.5 version for utilizing the external report feature. We use mysql database for this. I see that from 7.9 mysql database support will be deprecated. Will this affect my upgrade and also to which LTS version should I first upgrade before upgrading to 7.5. Can I also get the impact of this upgrade ie which features of 6.7.5 will be lost?

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension) Sonarqube 6.7.5
  • what are you trying to achieve upgrade to 7.5
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this None

Hi,

The current* LTS is 6.7. There are no other LTSs between it and 7.5, so you can go there without any intervening upgrades. That said, there are no extra reporting capabilities in 7.5 that were not in 6.7.

Regarding MySQL, support is not deprecated in 7.9, it is removed. However, we’ve provided a free utility to move your data from MySQL to a supported database. See this announcement.

Ann

* SonarQube 7.9 LTS is expected early next week

Thanks Ann,

But Is it possible to use the properties “sonar.externalIssuesReportPaths” with SonarQube 6.7.5 itself. By external report this is what I had meant.

Hi,

Sorry, that functionality is not available in 6.7.*.

On the up-side, we expect 7.9, the new LTS, to be released next week… :smile:

Ann