Query about Sonar upgrade

Hi ,

I am currently running Sonarqube version 6.7.7 on a linux VM , using Java 8 and mysql 5.7 versions respectively. I am planning to upgrade to version 7.9.x version and looking at its documentation here https://docs.sonarqube.org/7.9/requirements/requirements/ , we need to be using Java 11 , but don’t ee any specific mysql version support matrix details . Can you please let us know if we can still continue to use the same version of mysql( i.e 5.7) that we are currently using?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vinay

Hi,

Starting SonarQube 7.9, MySQL is no more supported.
See this thread End of Life of MySQL Support for more details.

Regards

Hi,

I tried to do a migration from a mysql to a postgres database and see a message “Migration successful” at the end. But I don’t see any data copied.
Steps followed:

1. Modified sonar.properties file to have the below lines under the postgres section.
    sonar.jdbc.url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/sonar?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8&rewriteBatchedStatements=true&useConfigs=maxPerformance&autoReconnect=true&useSSL=false

# Optional properties
    sonar.jdbc.driverClassName: org.postgresql.Driver
    sonar.jdbc.validationQuery: select 1

2. Created a database named sonar under postgres db.

3. Created a user called sonar and granted all privileges to it.

4. Then ran the migration script.

Regards,
Vinay

Hi Vinay,

Do you confirm that some data were migrated when having a look at the logs of the migration ?

Hi Julien,

Apologies , please ignore my previous post. I see that the data is migrated. Dont see any errors in the DB migration log. I am able to see all project details when I navigate to Administration -> Projects -> Management. It shows me all project records with Name, Key and Last Analysis details.

But I am unable to view anything under Projects and Issues tab on the GUI. However, when I look at the DB,the count of issues is close to the number I have on my production DB.

Regards,
Vinay

Hi Julien,

Waiting for an update from your end.

Regards,
Vinay

Hi,

Could you try to delete INSTALLATION_DIR/data/es6, and restart your server ?

HI Julien,

We are now able to see the Projects and Issues populated after we deleted the data directory and restarted the service. But we observed that for one of the projects , we had Bugs value set to 0, which changed once we ran an analysis for it.

Regards,
Vinay

Have you upgrading to a new version of SQ or are you still in 6.7.7 when doing the new analysis ?

Hi Julien,

My production instance is running on SQ 6.1. I have created a test system and set up SQ 6.7.7 on it, then migrated the DB from Mysql to Postgresql. This is where I am running my analysis.

Regards,
Vinay

Ok, then the difference of number of bugs is probably because a lot of thing has changed since 6.1, and new bugs may be one of the changes you’ll get.