Upgrade to SonarQube version 10.0

Hi,
We recently upgraded SQ enterprise edition from 9.9 to 10.0 version. We have been noticing that the vulnerabilities / bugs count on the overview page on a project is different from what you see in the list of vulnerabilities on the issues page. For example on a particular project it shows 22 vulnerabilities but when I click on it, I don’t see any Vulnerabilities. No other filters applied and this happens on many projects.
Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Hi,

It sounds like your Elasticsearch indices are out of whack. Try:

• stop the server
  • delete $SONARQUBE-HOME/data/es7
  • restart the server

to force index recreation.

HTH,
Ann

Hi Ann, thanks for your response.
Unfortunately this issue keep repeating. Our containers automatically terminate every week and new instances are created with reindexing the issues. But it doesn’t seem to fix it. Sometimes everything seems to fall back in place correctly, other times nothing can fix it.
Any other thoughts on why this happens once in a while? Does creating persistent volumes for Docker usage help here? Really appreciate your feedback.

Hi,

Why?

I’m not a Docker expert, but if your ES indices were persistent, then you wouldn’t have to rebuild them every week. It seems like it would save a lot of churn.

Ann