The latest version

I am using Community Edition Version 7.5 on-premise.
I would like to know what is the latest version which most of developers is using?

The latest LTS (Long-Term Support) version is v8.9.8. The latest version is v9.4.

These are the only two supported versions of SonarQube.

Your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

xxx → 7.9.6 → 8.9.8 → 9.4 (last step optional)

You may find the Upgrade Guide and the LTS-to-LTS Upgrade Notes helpful. If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

Thank you. Let me discuss with my developers how can we upgrade our current version to the latest version. However, we have two VMs for Android, web and iOS to perform SonarQube scanning and integrate with Jenkins for process automation.
We are facing the challenges as well on Jenkins are using the old version.
Our current version in Sonarqube:
Android & Web - Community Edition Version 7.5
iOS - Developer Edition Version 9.2.4

Do you have any advise?

My suggestion, try to use SaaS offerings where the ownership of keeping your CI tools and SAST tools is outsourced to a company whose job it is to keep it up-to-date, secure and relevant.

That could mean switching from an on-premise installation of SonarQube to SonarCloud instead. Same for Jenkins, switch to a Jenkins service managed by your favourite cloud provider - or possibly switching CI tools altogether to Azure pipelines or GitHub actions, for example.

This way your tooling never falls behind and will always be relevant, and it takes the complexity of hosting and managing these tools off of yourself or your company.

If cloud is not an option, I would strongly recommend looking at something like leveraging the provided Helm charts for your internal tooling and setting up a pipeline internally that takes care of the upgrade paths for you of these tools. This way, when new updates come around, you simply trigger your pipeline.

All things considered, the upgrade path listed above by Colin should resolve your issues I would think. It might be worth trying to keep both your Community Edition and Developer Edition instances up-to-date at all times :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. We are considering to move to cloud as well, but we are not sure is it the right time to move? who can help to me to discuss the plan and pricing to upgrade from on-promise to Cloud? what and how is existing source codes have maintained on-promise?
as it is new for my developers that need expertise to support .