The error "The request cannot be processed. Try again later" in SonarQube when clicking on Code Coverage of a project

(andrei mandici) #1

SonarQube 6.7.1 version used
No error shown in logs . Please see attached screenshot

Note: List is populating after a few seconds after processing cog wheel stops spinning. That error message looks out of place.

(G Ann Campbell) #2

Hi,

Could you check your browser’s dev console to see what, if any errors show up on that side? Additionally, please check $SONARQUBE_HOME/logs/web.log for errors.

Finally, 6.7.6 is the current update of the LTS. You probably want to look into upgrading.

Ann

(andrei mandici) #3

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately no error is logged in web.log file.

These errors is what I get in dev console.

Unfortunately upgrading is not an option at the moment.

Br,

Andrei.

(G Ann Campbell) #4

Hi Andrei,

From your screenshot, it looks like you’ve got some custom metrics in the mix. Still, that shouldn’t be a problem. It would be interesting if you could provide the full 404 URL.

Ann

(andrei mandici) #5

Hi Ann,

This is it:

https://sonar.wkfs-frc.local/api/measures/component?additionalFields=periods&componentKey=com.frsglobal.reportgenerator%3A_reportgenerator_%3A2.16.3&metricKeys=SMELL_COUNT_ABBREVIATIONS_USAGE%2Csonargraph_acd%2Csg_i.CORE_ACD%2Cnew_technical_debt%2Cafferent-couplings%2Csonargraph_all_warnings%2CSMELL_COUNT_ANTI_PATTERN%2Csonargraph_architecture_violations%2CSMELL_COUNT_BAD_DESIGN%2CSMELL_COUNT_BAD_FRAMEWORK_USAGE%2CSMELL_COUNT_BAD_LOGGING%2Csg_i.CORE_BIGGEST_COMPONENT_CYCLE_GROUP%2Csonargraph_biggest_cycle_group%2Csg_i.JAVA_BIGGEST_PACKAGE_CYCLE_GROUP%2Cblocker_violations%2Cbugs%2Cburned_budget%2Cbusiness_value%2Csonargraph_instructions%2Csg_i.JAVA_BYTE_CODE_INSTRUCTIONS%2Csg_i.CORE_CCD%2CCXX-CLANGSA%2CCXX-CLANG-TIDY%2Cclasses%2Csg_i.CORE_CODE_COMMENT_LINES%2Ccode_smells%2CSMELL_DEBT%2Ccognitive_complexity%2Csg_i.CORE_COMMENT_LINES%2Ccomment_lines%2Ccomment_lines_density%2CCXX-COMPILER%2Csg_i.CORE_COMPONENT_DEPENDENCIES_TO_REMOVE_COMPONENTS%2Csg_i.JAVA_COMPONENT_DEPENDENCIES_TO_REMOVE_PACKAGES%2Cbranch_coverage%2Cnew_branch_coverage%2Cconditions_to_cover%2Cnew_conditions_to_cover%2Cconfirmed_issues%2Ccoverage%2Cnew_coverage%2CCXX-CPPCHECK%2Ccritical_violations%2Csonargraph_cycle_warnings%2Csonargraph_cyclic_packages%2Csonargraph_cyclicity%2Csg_i.CORE_CYCLICITY_COMPONENTS%2Csg_i.JAVA_CYCLICITY_PACKAGES%2Ccomplexity%2Cdirectories%2CCXX-DRMEMORY%2Csonargraph_duplicate_warnings%2Cduplicated_blocks%2Cnew_duplicated_blocks%2Cduplicated_files%2Cduplicated_lines%2Cduplicated_lines_density%2Cnew_duplicated_lines%2Cnew_duplicated_lines_density%2Cefferent-couplings%2Ceffort_to_reach_maintainability_rating_a%2Cfalse_positive_issues%2Cfiles%2Cfunctions%2Cgenerated_lines%2Cgenerated_ncloc%2Csonargraph_highest_acd%2Csg_i.CORE_MAX_ACD%2Csg_i.MAX_MODULE_NCCD%2Csonargraph_highest_nccd%2Csonargraph_highest_relative_acd%2CSMELL_COUNT_HOW_COMMENT%2Csonargraph_ignored_violations%2Csonargraph_ignored_warnings%2CSMELL_COUNT_INDECENT_EXPOSURE%2Cinfo_violations%2Csonargraph_internal_types%2Cviolations%2Csonargraph_java_files%2Cline_coverage%2Cnew_line_coverage%2Clines%2Cncloc%2Csg_i.CORE_LINES_OF_CODE%2Clines_to_cover%2Cnew_lines_to_cover%2Csqale_rating%2Cnew_maintainability_rating%2Cmajor_violations%2CSMELL_COUNT_MEANINGLESS_COMMENT%2CSMELL_COUNT_MIDDLE_MAN%2Cminor_violations%2CSMELL_COUNT_MISSING_DOCUMENTATION%2CSMELL_COUNT_MISSING_IMPLEMENTATION%2Cmissing_package_info%2CSMELL_COUNT_MISSING_TEST%2CSMELL_COUNT_MULTIPLE_RESPONSIBILITIES%2Csg_i.CORE_NCCD%2Csonargraph_nccd%2Cnew_blocker_violations%2Cnew_bugs%2Cnew_code_smells%2Cnew_critical_violations%2Cnew_info_violations%2Cnew_violations%2Cnew_lines%2Cnew_major_violations%2Cnew_minor_violations%2Cnew_vulnerabilities%2CSMELL_COUNT_NON_COMPLIANCE_WITH_STANDARDS%2CSMELL_COUNT_NON_EXCEPTION%2Csg_i.CORE_ARTIFACT_COUNT%2Cnumber-of-classes-and-interfaces%2Csg_i.CORE_DUPLICATES%2Csg_i.CORE_COMPONENT_CYCLE_GROUPS%2Csg_i.CORE_COMPONENTS%2Csg_i.CORE_COMPONENTS_IN_DEPRECATED_ARTIFACTS%2Csg_i.CORE_VIOLATING_COMPONENTS%2Csg_i.NUMBER_OF_CRITICAL_ISSUES_WITHOUT_RESOLUTION%2Csg_i.CORE_CYCLIC_COMPONENTS%2Csg_i.JAVA_CYCLIC_PACKAGES%2Csg_i.CORE_DUPLICATED_LINES%2Csg_i.CORE_EMPTY_ARTIFACT_COUNT%2Csg_i.CORE_IGNORED_DUPLICATES%2Csg_i.NUMBER_OF_IGNORED_CRITICAL_ISSUES%2Csg_i.CORE_IGNORED_CYCLIC_COMPONENTS%2Csg_i.JAVA_IGNORED_CYCLIC_PACKAGES%2Csg_i.CORE_IGNORED_THRESHOLD_VIOLATIONS%2Csg_i.CORE_IGNORED_VIOLATIONS_PARSER_DEPENDENCIES%2Csg_i.NUMBER_OF_ISSUES%2Csg_i.NUMBER_OF_UNAPPLICABLE_REFACTORINGS%2Csg_i.NUMBER_OF_UNAPPLICABLE_RESOLUTIONS%2Csg_i.NUMBER_OF_UNAPPLICABLE_TASKS%2Csg_i.JAVA_PACKAGE_CYCLE_GROUPS%2Cpackage%2Csg_i.JAVA_PACKAGES%2Csg_i.NUMBER_OF_PARSER_DEPENDENCIES_AFFECTED_BY_REFACTORINGS%2Csg_i.NUMBER_OF_REFACTORINGS%2Csg_i.NUMBER_OF_RESOLUTIONS%2Csg_i.CORE_STATEMENTS%2Csg_i.NUMBER_OF_TASKS%2Csg_i.NUMBER_OF_THRESHOLD_VIOLATIONS%2Csg_i.CORE_THRESHOLD_VIOLATIONS%2Csg_i.CORE_UNASSIGNED_COMPONENTS%2Csg_i.CORE_VIOLATIONS_COMPONENT_DEPENDENCIES%2Csg_i.CORE_VIOLATIONS_PARSER_DEPENDENCIES%2Csg_i.NUMBER_OF_WORKSPACE_WARNINGS%2CSMELL_COUNT_ODDBALL_SOLUTION%2Copen_issues%2Csonargraph_tasks%2Csonargraph_task_refs%2CCXX-OTHER%2CSMELL_COUNT_OVERCOMPLICATED_ALGORITHM%2Cpackage-dependency-cycles%2Csonargraph_packages%2Csg_i.CORE_PARSER_DEPENDENCIES_TO_REMOVE_COMPONENTS%2Csg_i.JAVA_PARSER_DEPENDENCIES_TO_REMOVE_PACKAGES%2CCXX-PC-LINT%2Csg_i.VIOLATING_COMPONENTS_PERCENT%2Csg_i.JAVA_CYCLIC_PACKAGES_PERCENT%2Csonargraph_cyclic_packages_percent%2Csg_i.UNASSIGNED_COMPONENTS_PERCENT%2Csonargraph_unassigned_types_percent%2Csonargraph_violating_types_percent%2CSMELL_COUNT_PRIMITIVES_OBSESSION%2Cprojects%2CCXX-PUBLIC_API%2CCXX-PUBLIC_DOCUMENTED_API_DENSITY%2CCXX-PUBLIC_UNDOCUMENTED_API%2Calert_status%2Csg_i.CORE_RACD%2CCXX-RATS%2CSMELL_COUNT_REFUSED_BEQUEST%2CSMELL_COUNT_REINVENTED_WHEEL%2Csonargraph_relative_acd%2Csonargraph_relative_cyclicity%2Csg_i.CORE_RELATIVE_CYCLICITY_COMPONENTS%2Csg_i.JAVA_RELATIVE_CYCLICITY_PACKAGES%2Creliability_rating%2Cnew_reliability_rating%2Creliability_remediation_effort%2Cnew_reliability_remediation_effort%2Creopened_issues%2Csecurity_rating%2Cnew_security_rating%2Csecurity_remediation_effort%2Cnew_security_remediation_effort%2Cskipped_tests%2CSMELL_COUNT%2CSMELL_COUNT_SOLUTION_SPRAWL%2Csg_i.CORE_SOURCE_ELEMENT_COUNT%2CSMELL_COUNT_SPECULATIVE_GENERALITY%2CCXX-SQUID%2Cstatements%2Csonargraph_erosion_cost%2Csg_i.STRUCTURAL_DEBT_COST%2Csonargraph_erosion_index%2Csg_i.CORE_STRUCTURAL_DEBT_INDEX_COMPONENTS%2Csg_i.JAVA_STRUCTURAL_DEBT_INDEX_PACKAGES%2Csonargraph_erosion_ref%2Csonargraph_erosion_types%2Cteam_size%2Csqale_index%2Csqale_debt_ratio%2Cnew_sqale_debt_ratio%2Csonargraph_threshold_warnings%2Csg_i.CORE_TOTAL_LINES%2Csonargraph_type_dependencies%2Csonargraph_unassigned_types%2CSMELL_COUNT_OTHER%2CSMELL_COUNT_UNCOMMUNICATIVE_NAME%2Cuncovered_conditions%2Cnew_uncovered_conditions%2Cuncovered_lines%2Cnew_uncovered_lines%2Ctest_execution_time%2Ctest_errors%2Ctest_failures%2Ctest_success_density%2Ctests%2CSMELL_COUNT_USELESS_TEST%2CCXX-VALGRIND%2CCXX-VERA%2B%2B%2Csonargraph_violating_dependencies%2Csonargraph_violating_types%2Cvulnerabilities%2Cwont_fix_issues%2Csonargraph_workspace_warnings%2CSMELL_COUNT_WRONG_LANGUAGE%2CSMELL_COUNT_WRONG_LOGIC

(G Ann Campbell) #6

Hi,

First, thank you for code-formatting this very long URL :smile:.

Looking at it, I first notice the very, very long list of metrics. It seems you’ve loaded up lots of plugins. It might be worth an audit to see if they’re all still useful for you and possibly some housekeeping.

What’s happening here is that the UI is requesting values for all the metrics that might be reported for your project. In your case, that generates a request URL that’s 6,173 characters long. Some (*cough*Microsoft*cough*) browsers don’t support URLs that long. I fired up my local LTS (v6.7.5) and tried your query string against it. I didn’t get a 404, but an error message from the server saying that most of the metrics I requested don’t exist. The experience tells me that the server can receive, parse, and properly respond to a URL that long.

But you got a 404, meaning the server said “I don’t have a page by that name”. So it appears that something is mangling your URL. I would start by trying that URL manually from your browser (pop it into the location bar of a new window). Assuming you get the same 404, it would be interesting to try chopping down the length to see if that’s the problem. I would also look at anything that’s between your browser and the server. If you’ve got a proxy involved, it could be the culprit.

Ann