Tags are missing in 'Issues'

Hi everyone.

Please, help me to clear things up.

Starting from the SonarQube 8.3 version, in ‘MyProject -> Issues’ tags are missing (‘No tags’). (before 8.2 everything worked well)

If we go to ‘Rules’, there tags are set for each rule. Due to some reasons tags from the rule profile aren’t set in issue when loading a report.

For a test, I created a project from SonarQube and followed the instructions.

Initial data: the profile by default Sonar Way, project on java + gradle.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Before I ask what is going to sound like a dumb question, I’ll give a little background to it. Let’s say

• ruleA has no tags
  • it raises an issue (issue1)
  • issue1 has no tags
  • add a tag (‘foo’) to ruleA
  • reanalyze & raise another issue (issue2)
  • issue1 still has no tags. issue2 is tagged with ‘foo’

So… you’ve verified that the rules have tags. To be clear, have issues been raised by rules with tags since you verified that the tags existed on the rules? And those since-verification issues have no tags?

Also, the only possible cause that springs to mind for this is a bad Elasticsearch index, although I haven’t seen this particular symptom of ES index problems before. Nonetheless, maybe you could eliminate that by:

• shut down the server
  • delete $SONARQUBE_HOME/data/es6
  • restart the server

That will force all the indices to be rebuilt. Startup time will vary depending on the size of your instance.

Ann

So here’s what I do:
*) Create the project in SonarQube.
*) Click ‘Configure analysis’.
*) Generate a token: blah-blah -> Generate
*) Further settings: Java, Gradle.
*) This command is autogenerated for me: gradlew sonarqube -Dsonar.projectKey=ForSonarQube -Dsonar.host.url=http://localhost:9000 -Dsonar.login=dbb1ce3a74692f8d3159757cd2f5a6eabed77d63
*) After execution, ‘issues’ are loaded. There are still no tags.

So…

I go to Quality Profiles -> Sonar Way Java … -> Rules
Almost all rules have tags. For a test, I add an additional tag in a rule.
Execute the command gradlew sonarqube ... once again
After this in ‘Project -> Issues’ each issue has ‘No tags’.
Despite the absence of tags when I click in documentation ‘Why is this an issue?’, there are tags in the header.
Well, I can’t filter issues by tags as well (

P.S. deleting a directory $SONARQUBE_HOME/data/es6 didn’t help (.

If you go to the issues page, does the facet for tags contain any tag?
I think some screenshots would be helpful.

Hi,

My Quality Profile:

Rules:

Issues:

I am facing the same with Version 8.4.2 (build 36762).
The Tags are visible on the analysis which were done before i upgraded. The previous version was 7.9.4 LTS.

hope this helps.

I just tested this with sonarqube-8.5.0.37579 and seems to be fixed. Most likely this is tracked @ https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONAR-13591

1 Like