Synchronize issue status to branches created from a source branch

I have read some threads about issue status showing up in new branch analysis.

I would expect that changes to issues status of a branch should be synchronized to all branches created from this and to branches this code is merged to.

Example:
At the current develop branch develop/941.000 we mark an issue as SAFE. After a while we create develop/942.000 from it. Here the analysis shows the same issue again and we need to mark it again as SAFE. We would expect, that the issue is also marked SAFE in the new branch.

I would expect:

If the code of the source branch is marked as SAFE and the same code in the target branch is not modified, it should take over SAFE

Furthermore I would expect that when merging a branch into another:

If the code of the branch to be merged is marked as SAFE, the target branch should take over SAFE after the merge is done.

Kind regards,
Marco

• Sonar Qube 8.9.10 Enterprise Edition
  • Maven Scanner org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.9.0.2155:sonar on Jenkins
  • Java source code

Hi,

Your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

8.9.10 → 9.9.2 → 10.2.1 (last step optional)

You may find these resources helpful:

If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

If your issue persists after upgrade, please come back to us.

We are about to update but still need to adapt our maven analysis run to xml before can do so.

Is this changed / realized in 10?

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Can you clarify?

@Colin
We still collect coverage with jacoco in binary exec format and we have to change to XML for new Sonar versions or we would loose coverage in Sonar. We are on our way to migrate everything from legacy maven Jenkins jobs to GIT and pipeline job.

We plan to update in 2024. Ist there any solution for our current version? Is the “problem” solved in the Sonar Qube 10?

Hey there.

Support for.exec format JaCoCo Coverage Reports was dropped in SonarQube v8.2, so upgrading to a supported version from 8.9 should have no impact on the import of JaCoCo reports unless I’m missing something.

We have worked on the migration of issue statuses between branches when PRs are used in the v9.x series, and I’d encourage you to see if you can reproduce the same behavior on a supported version.