I have still some questions to this: Why does SVN need a user / password?
My local user have full access to the SVN repository. Starting the scanner on the client machine also the scanner process is running with this local account. Why can’t the scanner access the SVN blame information (without explicit user/psw settings on the server)?
Some thoughts for default:
- Use local user account as default?
- Or user assigned to the process/service running the analysis as default?
- In case I’m calling the scanner with a token (instead of user/psw) the scanner could use on client side the credentials assigned to this user as default to get the SVN blame information?
The current solution is to set user/psw:
- Global for all projects. Is a problem if sources are from different repositories.
- Local per project. Is difficult to maintain. In case a password is changing you have to change it in all projects manually.
Are there any ideas how to improve this?