Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):
- which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
- what are you trying to achieve
- what have you tried so far to achieve this
SonarQube version 8.7.1
WebHook delivery failure after running fine for 1-3 days
We have been seeing this issue since we started using sonarqube at 7.9.1. Increasing the memory
of the CE Java process does not seem to help. We have a webhook that will deliver payloads successfully for 2 hours to 4 days, then it stops with server unreachable and the only way to get successful deliveries is to restart the sonarqube services. If the delivery truly is failing due to a server
unreachable, it should recover on the next delivery if the server is reachable, but it does not ( to my knowledge the issue has never been that the server is unreachable ). I have seen various threads on this issue and the resolution is always fixed after restarting the sonarqube services ( not a great solution ).
I have opened several tickets and other than the suggestion to turn the CE logging to debug so we can see the failures there has been no solution ( other than to restart the sonarqube processes ).
Restarting the sonarqube server works 100% of the time once you detect the failure but turning on DEBUG to see the failures in the logs is not a suitable way to monitor for the problem.
If there is a way to query to find out the current status we are willing to use that as a solution vs logging into the UI to see if it is in a failed state.