Webhook Server Unreachable

Hello,

I upgraded recently SonarQube version to be 8.9.10
I was using SonaQube build breaker but after the upgrade I am forced to use the Jenkins Integration based on Webhooks.
I am installing SonarQube on Windows Server.

I installed SonarQube plugin in Jenkins and use the recommended pipeline syntax but jenkins never receives the webhook.

stage('Build') {
    steps {
        withSonarQubeEnv('SonarQubeServer') {
            bat ''' 
                cd project
                gerritVerify.bat
            '''
        }
    }
}
stage('SonarQube Quality Gate') {
    steps {
      timeout(time: 1, unit: 'HOURS') {
        waitForQualityGate abortPipeline: true
      }
    }
}

**23:38:38** Checking status of SonarQube task 'AYsgrRZ4J88fV5eZaF5b' on server 'SonarQubeServer' **23:38:38** SonarQube task 'AYsgrRZ4J88fV5eZaF5b' status is 'IN_PROGRESS' **00:38:38** Cancelling nested steps due to timeout

The task Id is different because the image is captured in later analysis.

I can post the json file to jenkins manually using postman or curl without any problem and without any certificates.
The problem only in SonarQube which complains that the server is unreachable also it’s reachable from curl and postman.

Also, some sites suggested to do this update but it didn’t make a difference with me.
set “networkaddress.cache.ttl = 5” in “${JAVAHOME}/conf/security/java.security”

Any idea how to solve this SonarQube issue ?

Hi,

Your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

8.9.10 → 9.9.2 → 10.2.1 (last step optional)

You may find these resources helpful:

If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

If your error persists after upgrade, please come back to us.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.
I managed to update SonarQube to latest LTS version.

Unfortunately, I face the same problem that the server is unreachable.

Any idea how to solve this SonarQube issue ?

Thanks for the update!

You should be able to learn more about the webhook delivery in the logs/ce.log of your SonarQube instance after executing an analysis that submits the webhook. Can you take a look to see if you have any specific error messages (such as a certificiate problem)?

Hi,

No problem at all logged in the ce.log file
Webhooks | globalWebhooks=2 | projectWebhooks=0 | status=SUCCESS | time=299ms

As you can see for the same task Id, It reports Server Unreachable in SonarQube web interface and no problem logged in the attached ce.log file

snoar_cre.log (9.4 KB)

Hi,

to get some details in the ce.log for the webhook delivery you have to increase the ce loglevel (sonar.log.level.ce) to DEBUG, but don’t expect too much details.

You may increase the loglevel during runtime via https:///admin/system and edit loglevel.

Gilbert

1 Like