SonarQube Web Server Access

I am trying to setup the community edition of SonarQube 8.3.1.34397 in preparation for a trial of SonarQube enterprise. I have installed SonarQube as a service on a Windows server.

I want to make the webserver accessible to other machines. I have edited sonar.properties as follows:

(IP redacted only for purpose of picture)

Trying to navigate to this IP on the local server works fine but I cannot access it via Chrome on a different machine. “This site can’t be reached. [server] took too long to respond.”

I have spoken to some server folks at my organization and they have said there shouldn’t be any firewall issues surrounding port 80.

Edit: After a server restart, I began receiving this failure when trying to start the SonarQube service:

I fixed this problem by adding -Dcom.ibm.jsse2.overrideDefaultTLS=true to sonar.web.javaOpts in conf/sonar.properties.

Then, when I tried to start the service, I began to receive
2020.07.13 09:19:19 WARN web [ ] [o.s.p.ProcessEntryPoint] Fail to start web
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to initialize connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-80]]

Using this Stack Overflow post: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55865335/sonarqube-failed-to-start-web
I switched the port in use from 80 to 9000. After doing this, I have come full circle. I can launch the webserver and access it locally but not from any other machine.

So after finally switching my port to 9000 and then creating a rule in our firewall to allow that port, I have successfully gotten SonarQube to load on a different computer. No further questions at this time.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.