- which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
Currently using version 7.4 Community but preparing for an upgrade to 8.0
Environment is Linux and Oracle 12.2
- what are you trying to achieve
Currently we have 1 large Oracle DB that contains scan results from multiple subsidiaries. I have been advised that I cannot continue with one DB and must split the applications up. This results in the need for 3 different databases, and 3 instances of Sonar. (I know this is not recommended.)
The Upgrade documentation doesnt provide much insight into how one should upgrade the DBs. Other than some extra steps for Oracle. My questions:
- Can we back and restore the current DB to a new one, and then delete the projects that dont belong?
- If the answer to #1 is NO. What steps should be taken to split the DBs? Is this even possible?
- what have you tried so far to achieve this
Nothing. Im in the process of planning out the upgrade and waiting on new infrastructure to support project.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.