Migrate SonarQube

I need to move the infrastructure place where is the SonarQube installation. Enjoying the moment, I would like to update the SonarQube. My fear is to lost all configurations like ldap, rules, profiles, projetcs, etc. The question is: If me only move the database and to start the SonarQube poiting out to that database, i’ll keep the configurations? Or there are another way to keep the configurations, rules, profiles, etc?

Hi,

Yay for you for seizing the moment and doing an upgrade too!

Most of what you’ve listed is in the database, so simply pointing your new version at the old database (and running the DB upgrade) will handle the majority. That said, you do want to make sure you have compatible versions of the same plugins installed in your new SQ, and you want to transfer the configuration in your old $SONARQUBE_HOME/conf/sonar.properties into the new one.

Note that the database upgrade is not reversible, so you should make a backup (as noted in the upgrade instructions) first, just in case.

:+1:
Ann

1 Like

Hi G Ann,

i not sure if i understand the step update the database. The step to update the database is “Oracle Clean-up”?

Hi,

No, it’s #6:

1. Browse to http://yourSonarQubeServerURL/setup and follow the setup instructions

I understand the confusion tho. As an insider I know that what happens when you do #6 is that SonarQube upgrades its database. As a user, all you know is that you went to a URL and clicked a link. I could have been clearer. :-/

Ann

1 Like

Hi G Ann,

Ann, Thanks, You were excellent.

1 Like