SonarQube Test User Deleted

Hi Team,

I am currently using SonarQube-6.7.7 version for my test environment(QA) which have nearly 350+ projects analysed.
The sonar user(responsible for start/stop of sonarqube) accidentally got deleted along with its home directory.
Can you help me understand the impact it has on the running sonarqube application(QA) and is there any way that i can restore the home directory of the user.

All your suggestions and help is appreciated.

Regards,
Alok

Hi Alok,

Welcome to the community!

I doubt the deletion of the home directory will have much impact unless that’s where you were running SonarQube from. Just re-create the user and you should be good.

BTW, 6.7 is past EOL. The current LTS is 7.9.2 and the current version is 8.1 (8.2 expected tomorrow). You should upgrade at your earliest convenience. This reconfiguration seems like a good opportunity…

:smiley:
Ann

Hi Ann,

Thanks for writing back to my query.
Fortunately, the home directory of Sonarqube was different and I had recreated the user and sonarqube application is running fine now(Just wanted to know the impact).
I have also set up the SonarQube-7.9 LTS Enterprise Edition and later plan to upgrade from 6.7 LTS to 7.9 LTS while migrating the data using migrator tool suggested by you guys.

Will reach out to you guys for help (if required).

:smiley:

Regards,
Alok Singh