Sonarqube support for Nodejs20

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • 9.6.1 (enterprise)
  • how is SonarQube deployed: zip, Docker, Helm
  • Helm chart
  • what are you trying to achieve
  • we are using standalone version of Sonarqube and which is deployed on the Kubernetes cluster, I went through the documentation of Sonarqube, it mentions that sonarqube 10.3 (enterprise) would be ideal to support nodejs 20 , So Sonarqube 10.3, will support node10, 14, 16 and 18? also does 9.6.1 support nodejs20 and other lower Nodejs version.
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this
  • Already have sonarqube 9.6.1 (enterprise)
    Do not share screenshots of logs – share the text itself (bonus points for being well-formatted)!

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

9.6.1 → 9.9.3 → 10.3 (last step optional)

You may find these resources helpful:

If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

Regarding your question, no we do not support all previous versions of Node.js. We announced the deprecation of Node.js 14 support over a year ago. Today we announced the drop of Node.js 14 support and the deprecation of v16 support.

HTH,
Ann

Hi Ann,

Thank you for response, but I wanted to check if Sonarqube 9.6.1 (enterprise) support nodejs20 ? or we have to upgrade to 10.x

Reason I asked because we are able to run the scan with nodejs20 with sonarqube 9.6.1

Cheers,
Shashi

It might work – but it certainly hasn’t been tested. We highly encourage you to use a supported version of SonarQube, as @ganncamp mentioned.