SonarQube skips Quality gating for small code changes

Let’s discuss what you have in mind!

Try to describe the problem or opportunity you are seeing and why it matters. The closer you stick to this topic template, and the more information you provide, the better chance you have to generate a real discussion.

A few questions to help you:

• What are you trying to accomplish? SonarQube does not implement Quality gate for small code changes. There is a warning that shows up on screen stating same.
    [image]
  • Why does this matter to you? Many filters that should be excluded in scans creates scan failures.
  • How would that look in SonarQube? Alternatives? It should be handled by SonarQube and quality profile should do it’s work.
  • How would we know it works well? Everything gets scanned.
  • Why should it be a priority now? Priority 2.

Make sure to check out our product roadmap as well, to see if your need is already being considered.

Hi Ravi,

You can deactivate this behavior in the global settings: Administration > General >Ignore duplication and coverage on small changes
Note that only coverage and duplication on new code on a small changeset are ignored by default. I’m curious to understand why this is a concern for you.

Chris

Thanks Christophe. It started to bother us because few files such as .css, node.js etc was trying to go through Sonar and was failing. Even putting these patterns in exclusion list did not do the trick for me and it still failed.

I have disabled the settings now and will monitor.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.