Sonarqube plugin value is not rendering in SQ UI

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension) :8.4
  • what are you trying to achieve: plugin config value (given in sonar.properties) is not rendering in UI.
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this: NA

I put below plugin config in sonar.properties.
sonar.coverage.jacoco.xmlReportPaths=/opt/reports

I thought this value will be rendered in SQ UI. but when i checked jacoco plugin, it is blank. here is screenshot

Is it expected one or there is some issue ?

Hi,

Values set in in the server config file sonar.properties won’t show up in the UI. Either configs are settable via the UI or they’re settable in the config file. Adding something to the server config file won’t* set the value.

If you’re talking instead about the analysis config file, it’s a similar story. Setting something in analysis properties overrides, but does not reset what’s set via the UI. You can get that precedence here in the docs

HTH,
Ann

* There are a couple random exceptions, which exploit bugs and which will be fixed.

Thanks Ann.
My question was regarding plugin configuration (like saml, jacoco, scm etc. ). I think it would be good if plugin’s properties (or feature like smtp setting) set in sonar.properties should be render in UI and should be editable through UI as well.

May i know reason (just for my understanding) why did you choose such approach (i mean we can set properties either in sonar.properties or in UI) ?

Hi,

Thinks like the auth setup are set-it-and-forget-it. They don’t need tuning from day to day or week to week. So there’s no need to access or modify them from the UI.

Ann

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.