Sonarqube enterprise aws cloudformation

• Sonarqube enterprise docker image
  • I’m trying to codify our sonar instance so that in case of a failure I can automatically start it again without any user interaction
  • I have figured out everything else except the licensing. is there a way to add the license without any user interaction? like an API call or when starting the sonarqube as an env or a configuration file

Hey, you can use POST api/editions/set_license?license=XXX, require Admin permission.

1 Like

Hi Isham,

Also note that you should not need to re-apply the license as long as the database connection does not change. Once applied, the license is stored in the database.

If you change your database your license will be invalid.

Brian

Hi Brain,
Thanks for the info. one question, so in case we had to redeploy the DB, we can re use the same licence to activate it again right?

Hi Isham,

By “redeploying” the DB, I assume you mean move to a different host or reinstall from scratch. In both of these cases your Server ID will change and you will need to request an updated license to enable.

Brian

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.