SonarSource is thrilled to announce the release of SonarQube 9.9, the new LTS!
You’ll find a summary of all the new features added since the previous LTS in the official announcement. You can take a look at the highlights there, see all the great features we’ve worked on since the previous LTS including faster Pull Request analysis, securing cloud native apps, enterprise-grade features for easy operability, security and management of your instance.
In addition, there are a few other items to note since the last (9.8) release:
- The SonarQube server now requires Java 17. Analysis may continue to use Java 11 if necessary. (SONAR-17566).
- We’ve updated the list of supported database versions. See more details in the prerequisites documentation. (SONAR-17712, SONAR-17713, SONAR-17742).
- We’ve also updated the list of supported DevOps platform versions. See more details in the documentation, such as for example in the documentation for GitHub. (SONAR-17756).
- We’ve improved the user experience for Quality Gates to help everyone implement the Clean as You Code methodology. SonarQube helps you identify and fix Quality Gates that are not compliant with Clean as You Code. (SONAR-17815, SONAR-17816, SONAR-17818)
- We’ve also added information in telemetry to better understand the impact of the Clean as You Code methodology. See more details in the telemetry documentation. (SONAR-18188, SONAR-18219).
- We’ve made new accessibility improvements on various pages. (SONAR-18131, SONAR-17845).
- The Docker image is now available for arm64-based Apple Silicon (M1).
If you’re upgrading across multiple versions, you should at a minimum read the upgrade notes for the intervening versions. If you’re upgrading from the previous LTS (8.9), you’ll find a consolidated version in the LTS to LTS upgrade notes. Also don’t forget that if you run a version older than the previous LTS (8.9), you need to upgrade to 8.9.10 first, and then to 9.9 LTS.
Please open new threads for any questions you have about these or other features.
Vivek & Chris