SonarQube 9.7.1 - Importing golangci-lint issues is buggy

• SonarQube 9.7.1 (self-hosted)
  • golangci-lint version 1.50.0

I’m trying to import issues from a XML report file (“checkstyle” format) that golangci-lint produces. The XML report file contains about 250 issues (all tagged as severity=“error”), but in SonarQube there will be only approx. 50-70 issues be shown and the number of issues changes with every analysis run. Sometimes, no golangci-lint issues at all are reported.

The XML report file was produced by scanning our whole codebase, so it will contain issues from a range of different directories and modules.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Can you provide your analysis log?

The analysis / scanner log is what’s output from the analysis command. Hopefully, the log you provide - redacted as necessary - will include that command as well.

This guide will help you find them.

Ann

Thanks for your quick response, here is the sonar-scanner.log:

sonar-scanner.log (72.9 KB)

In the mean time, I’ve found out why sometimes no linter issues at all were shown in the analysis: The build job that was running the linter was run at the same time as the job that ran sonar-scanner, so sometimes the linter output file was not yet existing when sonar-scanner tried to read it.

I’ve fixed this now, but still the number of golangci-lint issues shown in SonarQube varies from one analysis run to the other and is way too low compared to the total number of issues contained in the golint-out.xml file.

Hi,

Can you characterize the issues that don’t show up? By rule? By file/directory? By something else?

Are other, non-golangci-lint issues reported on the files/directories in question?

Ann

Hi Ann,

no characterization possible, it’s totally random.
And yes, other (non-golangci-lint) issues are reported for the files in question.

Thanks,
Markus