SonarSource is happy to announce the release of 8.4, which includes a ton of new security-related rules for multiple languages, hot DB backups, and performance improvements on both the server-side and during the analysis of some languages. More details about these and other juicy new features in the official announcement.
In addition, there are a few other things you probably want to be aware of:
- You can now set a reference branch as the New Code baseline for a branch. (MMF-1994)
- SonarScanner Docker image becomes officially supported. (MMF-2003)
- We no longer include files in the global search index, so re-indexing speeds up significantly. (SONAR-13291)
- We’ve improved accessibility by making code coverage information available to screen readers. (SONAR-12911)
- As part of enabling hot DB backups, we’ve made a lot of changes in the database for this version. As a result:
- There have been a number of deprecations and format changes for id parameters in web services.
- There’s a breaking change in the plugin API related to rule ids. (SONAR-3420)
- Migration to 8.4 will be significantly longer than usual.
As usual, download is available at sonarqube.org.
Since the technical release we’ve discovered three bugs of note. A patch should be available in a few days:
- SONAR-13590 can prevent startup after migration if two specific conditions are met.
- SONAR-13594 upgrade to 8.4 fails on MS SQL Server under certain conditions
- SONAR-13589 causes an irritating but harmless error on every page in a Community Edition.