SonarSource is proud to announce the release of SonarQube 7.6!
You can find the details of the most compelling new features in the official announcement.
In addition, there are a few things you need to be aware of:
- This version drops the concept of modules from the SonarQube server. By and large this should be transparent for most people but:
- there are no longer any module-level or directory-level homepages
- the Measures page no longer presents the worst-first view by default; to get there you’ll have to choose the List view
- some module-level analysis configurations are no longer available
- We’ve simplified Quality Gate configuration. This will avoid a lot of confusion in the future, but this upgrade may convert or drop some of your existing QG conditions.
- FindBugs 3.9.1 and below are incompatible. This version embeds SonarHTML for the first time, and the two analyzers both claim
- Analysis no longer ignores directories whose names start with a dot when the analysis OS is Windows.
- We’ve made UI-side project creation easier to get to for (properly permissioned) non-admin users.
- There have been a few colorblind-friendly improvments (SONAR-10058, SONAR-11204)
- You can now enable rules from the profile comparison page
As usual, download is available at sonarqube.org.
Ann & Chris