SonarQube 7.6 released

sonarqube
announcement

(G Ann Campbell) #1

Hi all,

SonarSource is proud to announce the release of SonarQube 7.6!:tada:

You can find the details of the most compelling new features in the official announcement.

In addition, there are a few things you need to be aware of:

• This version drops the concept of modules from the SonarQube server. By and large this should be transparent for most people but:
    • there are no longer any module-level or directory-level homepages
    • the Measures page no longer presents the worst-first view by default; to get there you’ll have to choose the List view
    • some module-level analysis configurations are no longer available
  • We’ve simplified Quality Gate configuration. This will avoid a lot of confusion in the future, but this upgrade may convert or drop some of your existing QG conditions.
  • FindBugs 3.9.1 and below are incompatible. This version embeds SonarHTML for the first time, and the two analyzers both claim .jsp files.
  • Analysis no longer ignores directories whose names start with a dot when the analysis OS is Windows.
  • We’ve made UI-side project creation easier to get to for (properly permissioned) non-admin users.
  • There have been a few colorblind-friendly improvments (SONAR-10058, SONAR-11204)
  • You can now enable rules from the profile comparison page

You’ll find more details on the most significant changes in the upgrade notes, and full details in the release notes.

As usual, download is available at sonarqube.org.

Ann & Chris

Issue date is date of last modification of line
Concerning the usage of colors to indicate something (colorblind)
(G Ann Campbell) #2

(Julien Lancelot) #3

Hi all,

In addition to the details of this new release of SonarQube, I’d like to add that the docker image of the community edition of 7.6 is now available on https://hub.docker.com/_/sonarqube.

Cheers,
Julien Lancelot

(Lukas Joergensen) #4

DO NOT UPGRADE JUST YET.
This version breaks the @ScannerSide annotation.
This breaks GitLab integration plugin. FindBugs plugin might be affected by this as well, and others.

See:

(Lukas Joergensen) #5

Reported the bug here:

(G Ann Campbell) #6

Thanks for the notification @lukaspj. I’ve marked the Gitlab plugin incompatible with this version in the Marketplace. Findbugs had already been marked incompatible for different reasons.

Ann

(Nicolas Peru) #7

Just for sake of clarity, findbugs compatibility with SQ 7.6 is on track right now, everything can be followed on sonar-findbugs plugin github : https://github.com/spotbugs/sonar-findbugs/pull/244

(Gerald Mücke) #8

The Mutation Analysis Plugin also stops working due to unsatisfied dependency on RulesProfile.
As far as I’ve understood, this has to be replaced with ActiveRules. I think I’ll be able to provide a fix in the next couple of days and release a new version.

(G Ann Campbell) #9

Thanks for the notification, Gerald. I’ve updated the Marketplace.

Ann