SonarSource is proud to announce the release of SonarQube 7.4 today!
You can find the details of the most compelling new features in the official announcement.
In addition, here are a few things you probably want to take note of:
- Coverage is now available on PRs and short-lived branches
- We’ve added granular “create” permissions for Portfolios and Applications, and users with any create permission (including projects!) now have access to do that through the new “+” item in the top menu. You’ll want to make sure your default templates are set up to grant
- We’ve renamed “Leak” to “New Code” throughout the UI (because it’s just so much easier to explain!)
- Analysis will now fail with an invalid New Code Period (details)
- C#/VB.NET analysis now imports all issues found by Roslyn analyzers attached to the solution, so this could affect your projects’ Quality Gates
- We’ve embedded most of the documentation directly into the platform (look under the “?” in the top menu) so the correct docs for your version are always at your fingertips
Download is available at sonarqube.org.
ADDENDUM for MSSQL users
A driver upgrade rendered the database name case-sensitive in the JDBC URL for this version. You can follow SONAR-11443 for the status of this issue.