SonarLint Rule Description Font Color

Hello,

I use Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers. Version: 2018-09 (4.9.0) with Dark Theme enabled.

Here is what I get in SonarLint Rules Description :

As you can see the font is dark, making it difficult to read. How can I change this font color to get a “white” one ?

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

Here is how it looks on my side (Linux):

Are you using the official Dark Theme? What is your operating system? Also what is your version of SonarLint?

++

Hi Julien,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I’m using the official Dark Theme, also I’m on Windows 7 Pro x64.

Here is my SonarLint version :

I had it white like you at the beginning when I installed the plugin. But I dont know how, it changed to this black foreground color few days after the install.

I tried to uninstall / reinstall, without success…

Your last screenshot shows that your dark theme is not correctly applied (About Eclipse IDE is not dark) so maybe you have a configuration issue on your side.

The SonarLint Rule Description view is using colors provided by Eclipse (using a hidden component). You can see the code here:

Maybe this is not working properly on Windows. I will give a try asap, but I only have Windows 10, so not sure this will be the same behavior.

Thanks for the reply,

I do think the Dark Theme is applied as much as it can on W7.

The thing is I had it working for a while… Wich type of label use this hiddenLabel between those :

Waiting you to get back with results on W10…

Sorry for the late reply, but I was finally able to reproduce the issue on Windows 10.

Ticket created:
https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SLE-296

Hey.
Same problem for me. Is there an easy workaround (like manually changing some eclipse font color) ?