Sonar Lint plugin not showing all errors we see on Sonarqube web interface. For instance warnings from checkstyle are not shown.
So maybe I do not understand this right, but if plugin will show only default generic Java sonarlint warnings, why is there connection to Sonarqube in the first place?
Is there solution for this?
- Operating system: Macos Monterey 12.6.3
- SonarLint plugin version: 220.127.116.11508
- Programming language you’re coding in: Java
- Is connected mode used:
- Connected to SonarQube 9.9:
Welcome to the community!
SonarLint doesn’t run 3rd-party rules because we can’t guarantee their performance. (BTW CheckStyle offers its own IntelliJ plugin…).
Fair and excellent question!
The two main points are:
- Synchronize Quality Profiles - On its own, SonarLint runs the built-in profiles. If you’re running customized profiles, you may be surprised after SonarQube analysis by the “extra” issues found by rules no turned on in SonarLint, or annoyed in SonarLint by issues from rules you have turned off in SonarQube
- Synchronize FP/WF issues - If you’ve marked issues False Positive or Won’t Fix on the SonarQube side, they’ll be suppressed on the SonarLint side when you’re in connected mode.