SonarLint no showing same issues as SonarQube

Please provide

• Operating system: CentOS 7
  • SonarLint plugin version: SonarLint for Eclipse 7.6.0.58887
  • Programming language you’re coding in: Java
  • Is connected mode used: Yes
    • Connected to SonarCloud or SonarQube (and which version): SonarQube 8.9.6

Hi,

I am working on a project that has setup SonarQube with some plugins for rules analysing:

• Checkstyle in version 9.3
  • Findbugs in version 4.1.5
  • Groovy in version 1.8
  • PMD in version 3.4.0

In sonarQube server dashboard I am able to see all issues on my project code.
I have installed SonarLint on Eclipse (2022-09) and I have setup connected mode with my SonarQube server. The connection seems to works fine since I can see Sonar rules issues in my IDE. But I am not able to see all issues coming from PMD, Checkstyle…
How can I achieve to have the same rules warnings from SonarQube and SonarLint ?

I have try to install PMD and CheckStyle plugin in Eclipse and by importing rules from SonarQube configuration I can have the issues showing inside PMD/CheckStyle plugin but that means a lot of differents plugins to see violations. And a bigger problem that we have, is that on SonarQube we have marked some issues as won’t fix to not see them in our reports but if we are using PMD plugin it has no knowledge of what has been done on SonarQube.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

SonarLint only supports SonarQube-native rules. For the other providers, you’ll need to seek separate IDE integrations.

Why don’t we make all rules available in SonarLint? Because we’ve learned the hard way that ill-behaved rules can negatively impact the developer experience in the IDE, and we simply can’t be responsible for others’ implementations.

HTH,
Ann