Sonarlint not showing more than 500 projects in visual studio

Sonarlint is not showing more than 500 projects in visual studio, I have all the required permissions with which I can list the projects.

• Operating system - windows 11
  • Visual Studio 2022 version - 17.9.6
  • SonarLint plugin version: v4.6.0
  • Programming language you’re coding in: dotnet, c#
  • Is connected mode used: yes with sonarqube
  • SonarQube (and which version): Enterprise Edition Version 9.9.1 (build 69595)

Hi,

Are you in Visual Studio or in VS Code?

Thx,
Ann

Visual studio added version above

Hi,

Thanks.

I asked because the current SonarLint for Visual Studio version is 8.0, but the current SonarLint for VS Code version is 4.6.0.

Since you’re in Visual Studio, can you upgrade and see if your problem is still replicable?

Thx,
Ann

Hello,

I have generated a global analysis token and I have all the required permissions. It is not listing the projects after “P” alphabet. So, approx 500 projects are getting listed.
Version have also been upgraded to 8.0. Please help.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for checking with the current version. I’ve flagged this for the experts.

Ann

Hello Nivedha,

I hope you are having a great day, regardless of the issue.

The aforementioned behavior seems odd and unexpected. All of the projects should be listed. I need some further information from your side to find the root cause and be able to resolve it.

Could you please send me the Verbose Logs, after you repeat your actions on Visual Studio?
(Here you can find additional help on how to)

Cheers,
Vasilis

1 Like

Hello,
Please check the below logs. The pagination is set and it is returning only 500 results.

[ThreadId 128] [DEBUG] Response with HTTP status code 'OK' received.
[ThreadId 128] [DEBUG] 9.9.1.69595
[ThreadId 128] Connected to SonarQube '9.9.1.69595'.
[ThreadId 128] [DEBUG] Validating the credentials...
[ThreadId 128] [DEBUG] Looking up implementation of 'IValidateCredentialsRequest' for version '' on thread '128'
[ThreadId 128] [DEBUG] Created request of type 'SonarQube.Client.Api.V3_30.ValidateCredentialsRequest'.
[ThreadId 128] [DEBUG] Sending Http request:
[ThreadId 128] [DEBUG] Method: GET, RequestUri: 'api/authentication/validate', Version: 1.1, Content: <null>, Headers:
{
}
[ThreadId 128] [DEBUG] {"valid":true}
[ThreadId 128] [DEBUG] Credentials accepted.
[ThreadId 1] Connecting to SonarQube server: Retrieving projects
[ThreadId 128] [DEBUG] Looking up implementation of 'IGetProjectsRequest' for version '9.9.1.69595' on thread '128'
[ThreadId 128] [DEBUG] Created request of type 'SonarQube.Client.Api.V6_20.GetProjectsRequest'.
[ThreadId 128] [DEBUG] Sending Http request:
[ThreadId 128] [DEBUG] Method: GET, RequestUri: 'api/components/search_projects?asc=true&p=1&ps=500', Version: 1.1, Content: <null>, Headers:
{
}
[ThreadId 128] [DEBUG] {"paging":{"pageIndex":1,"pageSize":500,"total":557},"components":[xxxxx],"facets":[]}
[ThreadId 128] [DEBUG] Received 499 items.
[ThreadId 1] Connecting to SonarQube server: Succeeded
[ThreadId 1] Current VS version:
    Visual Studio Enterprise 2022
[ThreadId 15] [NodeJSLocator] Checking environment variable SONAR_NODEJS_PATH
[ThreadId 15] [NodeJsLocator] Environment variable is not set
[ThreadId 15] [NodeJsLocator] Found incompatible Node.js version: 18.15.0. Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Enterprise\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\NodeJs\node.exe
[ThreadId 15] [NodeJsLocator] Found incompatible Node.js version: 16.20.0. Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Enterprise\Common7\ServiceHub\Hosts\ServiceHub.Host.Node.x86\ServiceHub.Host.Node.x86.exe
[ThreadId 15] [NodeJsLocator] Could not find a compatible Node.js version. Supported versions are v18.17.1+.
[ThreadId 15] [DEBUG] [Notifications] Disabled notifications file does not exist. File: C:\Users\nxsaba\AppData\Roaming\SonarLint for Visual Studio\17\internal.notifications.json
[ThreadId 15] [NodeJSLocator] Checking environment variable SONAR_NODEJS_PATH
[ThreadId 15] [NodeJsLocator] Environment variable is not set

@vnaskos @ganncamp Can you please provide the update

Hey @nxsaba, you seem to have commercial support with us; I received a ticket from you or your team, and I have replied there. Please help to verify.

2 Likes

Yes, the steps worked for me which were provided by you.

Here are the steps to execute:
• stop your SonarQube server
• delete the ElasticSearch index @ /data/es7
• start your SonarQube server
• wait for the startup to be complete (“Process[ce] is up” message recorded in the /logs/sonar.log), which will take longer than usual since SonarQube will re-index all data (and your instance has a certain scale

1 Like